6/9/08

The Usual

We're up to the usual over here - we have some pictures to post but won't get them up until next week. Verity, now nearly 8 months old, came for a fun visit with Aunt Laila. Verity is so rolly and adorable and a completely different personality from Corrine - imagine a child who is calm in a baby zen fashion, with every reddishly glistening, transparent blond hair perfectly in place, sitting up straight with legs crossed and hands in her lap with big blue eyes on her flawlessly cantaloupe-shaped head staring thoughtfully at the world of Auntie 'Lissa's house.... it was fun to watch her - and impressive that she could be simultaneously surprised in an "I have baby exophthalmos" way and somehow deep in a mathematical formula of doggie volume when met with my adorable bull-mastiff puppy dog. I was momentarily in a trance of baby amazement... brought back by the sounds of my 11 month old, champion of the dual belt in heavy lifting and climbing sports for her weight class. She is perfecting her performances in table vaulting, hearth jumping, and the 12 stair sprint. I love her and could not properly cultivate her volume equations farther than "v =a lot" so I guess that's why my daughter got a baby Afro that actually has no "proper place" and a "do now, understand physics laws later" attitude on life... and I realize it is my job to make her physics lessons full of soft landings and gazelle-like grace. Truly an uproarious challenge.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

Could you please rewrite that last entry for people who only got through undergrad? hahaha (I have an office full of people who don't know what "exopth-whatever" means and had to google it to find out it was "eye-popping.")
Corrine is going to be one smart baby!!! :)
Can't wait for new pics!