We had a nice Thanksgiving - twice!
Below are pictures from the first one, with Craig's family. The second celebration included my sister and my dad's birthday party as well but I took all the pictures on my dad's camera so I don't have them to upload. Both dinners were excellent!
I have to admit that I am thankful for very very much but feel pretty short tempered and ornery lately - not the way you want to be on Thanksgiving - maybe it's due to this little guy's nightly party until 1 am, which restarts by 5 am... or where his head is currently located... or all of the above! Either way, we had 2 very nice days and in the mean time made great progress on the house projects.
Craig is building a pantry in our kitchen and he drywalled it to the connecting walls and ceiling (a big project) and put fantastic shelving in. He primed it and is doing finish work now and it looks amazing!! It will be so great to have room to put things away and get them out easily - especially since Laila just sent a big box of bottles to add to our few!
The baby's room is coming along as well, with primed walls and the paint ready to go. Craig and I both made overly ambitious lists to complete on very limited time so we are happy to have family help and of course, Corrine the inspector ("daddy has bubbles on his wall - it's not smooth yet - Corrine will sand more" she says as she inspects daddy's pantry wall a few days ago... I forgot to mention she is in love with the sander). Anyways - on to the pictures!

Giggles with Daddy. She played with her cars and played with cousin Lauren all afternoon. I thought I had pictures of Lauren, too, but I'm not sure what happened to them.
Great Grandma and Corrine hanging out.
The boys... behaving for a moment. I am sure I have no idea what having a boy really means!
Poppa's birthday is today - Happy Birthday! We celebrated on Thanksgiving. Corrine carried his very heavy package over to him and helped him open it. She had picked out the wrapping paper and ribbon, little did we know that the wrapping paper was self-stick! Murphy dog likes to "help" open too and he got wrapping paper slippers out of the deal since the paper's adhesive hadn't worn off.

Great Grandpa and Granddad share a birthday and it fell on Thanksgiving this year. Corrine helped Great Grandpa open his presents and she stopped by Granddad's house with a balloon and a big birthday song... and made his day by telling people he was turning "twenty-eight".

Corrine catches laughter from others and has started to join in when she hears big laughs somewhere - no matter if she knows what was funny. Here is one of those occasions - a big hearty laugh in her princess dress.
Hope everyone had a nice Thanksgiving!
No comments:
Post a Comment