11/22/08

Doggie Coats, Pancakes, and Maggie Kisses

Corrine and I brought up the "quick and easy" Christmas tree today - Quick and Easy because Grandma glued all the ornaments on so we just take the cover off and walk it upstairs!
Corrine added an ornament or two to the tree. The second onament was a dog that looked similar to Maggie. Granddad gave it to her recently. She carefully placed it on a branch but it slipped off and cracked in half. She was upset that he wouldn't stick back together so I glued him - which is not an immediate fix, much to her dismay. So, I gave him a masking tape doggie cast until he can "heal". Corrine looked at me oddly when I said it was his doggie cast so then I said it was his doggie coat. She was delighted that doggie had a new coat and went and got her own coat so they could match.

Doggie and his new coat successfully found a hanging home on the Christmas tree.

Corrine enjoys helping with everything, especially if it involves Grandma and the kitchen. Below, she is stirring her pancakes for breakfast.


Corrine has been good at giving kisses for a while now. Today I was washing off the lunch dishes and hear "moo-ahh" "moo-ahh" and turned to see that she was giving Maggie kisses. Maggie, not too sure what to think of a Corrine kiss, was looking at me with pleading eyes.



I assured Maggie that Corrine was being nice and so Maggie gave her a sniff, right as Corrine gave a pucker and a loud "moo-ah". Perfect timing.








No comments: