Grandma and Granddad watched Corrine a few extra days this week and gave her some chores to do while she stayed.
First came cooking. She had to mix her cheerios - a big job.
Next, she had to take care of her baby.
She gave her a bottle.
And read her stories. A good little mama.A chore I will never understand... it's a driveway...but I suppose it's like weeding a 50 acre garden at 6 am (well, maybe I exaggerate) on your summer vacation your ENTIRE life only to have the garden magically poof into a riding ring after moving out, or tending to chickens with psychotic roosters that all went away, or loading hay bales only to find rolls replace the 80 pound bricks after moving out, or finding yourself with a flat tire only to hear your dad on the phone saying "Find the metal bar that looks like a + sign...and change it yourself" only later to learn we had a number to ATT roadside assistance, or shoveling every centimeter of the driveway and sidewalks 100% clean only to be replaced with a snowblower... but I digress. Don't tell my Dad, but maybe all of those things have helped me get to where I am today and will help me continue on. So, thank you to my parents - and thanks for letting me watch my daughter begin her chores - sweeping behind the horse trailer was a great initiation.


No comments:
Post a Comment